Monday, August 21, 2006

Mya is back! New album drops November 14th.



Another natural beauty I always love to hear from and see. Like Shanice, someone who always gets instant love. Mya, you gets the instant love! lol!

Grammy Award-winning R&B and pop singer, dancer, and DC/MD's own Mya is back with a new single called, 'Aye,Yo' from her upcoming November album release entitled, 'Liberation.' 'Aye Yo' is produced by DC's own DJ "Let Me Clear My Throat" Kool. It has DJ Kool's classic sound all over it.

Mya is also looking to film the video for this single in DC if she can find the right director and crew to come here and do it. Hmm...I think there are some directors right here she could use! Stay tuned!

Mya also recently signed up with fordmodels.

Mya's myspace page is: myspace.com/therealmya.

Mya's new website is: www.myamya.com.

Mya's foundation: myaartsfoundation.com.

Aside from the cool albums she'e released, I think Mya is one of the best dancer's out here in my opinion. She's got skills for days in many forms of dance. She's a natural at that. She is also what they call a triple threat. Dancer, singer, actress.

She is someone to me who has not only stayed in the game but brings a lot to the game in theater, dance and the arts and no matter what she does, still retains her composure, class, dignity, sophistication, flyness, all while still keeping a level head and remaining cool and humble in the way she carries herself and does what she does.

Did I mention she also has a mad following?! ;)

Mya has something else which I think is a bonus plus in the entertainment biz: She is actually a genuinely nice person! :)

Mya, I'm proud of you, boo!

Debut album: Mýa (1998)
Fear of Flying (2000)
Lady Marmalade (2001)
Moodring (2003)
Liberation (2006)

No comments :