Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Go Head, General Honore!

I saw Parts I and II of Spike Lee's WhenTheLeveesBroke on HBO last night with family. We discussed it all thruout the broadcast because we were all in different parts of the country and world when Katrina happened.

It brought up a lot of feelings and emotions I had before last year around this time when Hurricane Katrina happened.

There's so much I can say about this and I will after I see the finale tonight at 9pm.

But for right now I have to say one thing. Go Head, General Honore! The man! It seemed like nothing positive started happening in a government response type of way until this man's feet hit the ground and he took charge. OK, granted, the Coast Guard also did a hell of a job with the airlifts they did once they got on it too.

You remember General Honore, don't you? Let me refresh your memory:

washingtonpost.com
csmonitor.com
cnn.com

I loved his spirit. He said so many things during those days I felt in my heart about the whole situation and I hope to see more clips of him soon because I can remember some of them right now where he hit it on the head about the whole thing. What he said in the press conference below is exactly how I was feeling about the popular media and popular press in general in how they were handling this situation at the time.

It's also how I felt in general about the government's slow response.

To be continued...

No comments :