Friday, October 27, 2006

John Legend - Once Again - LT's Spoiler Free Album Review


Official John Legend site: johnlegend.com
Official John Legend myspace page: myspace.com/johnlegend

John Legend, Once Again, 2006.

Overall a very mature sounding, mellow album with just about everything you would expect quality-wise from John Legend at this point in his career. This album just flows in a very unique John Legend-esque way. I use "Legend-esque" because based on his talent I think we will be comparing other people to him in the near future. I am not doing a full track by track review of this album because I don't want to ruin it for anyone. But if you are a John Legend fan, I do believe you will enjoy all he has to offer on it. The lyrics are really very, very good. Listening to this album was like drinking a fine glass of wine. The way they did this in spots reminds me of the way albums used to sound and very authentically I must add.

This album also makes you want to catch John Legend very soon in a live preferably small setting for full effect.

Some of the producers on this album include Kanye West, Will.I.Am, Raphael Saadiq and Craig Street.

Here is the tracklist below. I put a star by each one that sounds like a stand-out track.

01. Save Room *
02. Heaven
03. Stereo
04. Show Me
05. Each Day Gets Better *
06. P.D.A. (We Just Don't Care) *
07. Slow Dance *
08. Again *
09. Maxine *
10. Where Did My Baby Go? *
11. Maxine's Interlude *
12. Another Again *
13. Coming Home

No comments :