Sunday, October 29, 2006

Andre 3000 Benjamin's New Cartoon Network Series "Class of 3000" Premieres


This looks promising.

Official website: www.classof3000.com

Premieres Friday, Novemeber 3rd, 2006 @7pm ET on The Cartoon Network.

I think anybody who's over 30 can relate to this quote from Andre 3000 in Sunday's washingtonpost.com/tv:

"When I was a kid, I would watch 'Peanuts' and listen to the music, or watch 'Fat Albert,' and I still remember those songs. They sit with you for the rest of your life - kind of like the 'Schoolhouse Rock' songs. I want kids to grow up and remember these songs." - Andre 3000 Benjamin.

Ain't that the truth? Those were the days! Very well said. I think that's another thing that is the difference between today's cartoons and yesteryear's cartoons that made Generation X (ok, there, I said it! I know that term is still debated) develop an appreciation for all good music of all forms and varieties at early ages. It was embedded in so much that we saw and heard even while we were being entertained.

It's good to hear Andre is taking this time in his career to get the children of today back to that level of appreciating quality music even in a cartoon form.

No comments :