Thursday, August 09, 2007

LT's Review - Rush Hour 3 - Jackie Chan Chris Tucker

LAPD detective James Carter and Chinese Chief Inspector Lee travel to Paris to battle a wing of the Chinese organized crime family, the Triads.


I recently won passes to see an advanced screening of Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker's Rush Hour 3.

Rush Hour 3 is the third installment in the martial arts/action-adventure Rush Hour franchise. (Rush Hour - 1998 and Rush Hour 2 - 2001).

Rush Hour took place in LA. Rush Hour 2 took place in LA, China and Las Vegas. Rush Hour 3 takes place in LA, China and Paris. The story basically picks up where Rush Hour 2 left off.

I thought this movie was very funny, creative and action packed but I expected a little more story-wise. Especially after such a long wait between Rush Hour 2 and Rush Hour 3.

It was great to see Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker back on the screen again but at times I felt the movie was too "Hollywood formulaic" if you know what I mean.

I read the published reports of how Chris Tucker held out a little while from agreeing to do this movie until the money was right for him and I say "Hey, Man, work it!" I think he is now getting between $20 to $40 million a picture and I ain't mad at a brotha!

I am sure this movie will probably make all of it's money back during its opening weekend just because it's been so long since we have had a Rush Hour movie on the big screen again.

Overall, it was entertaining, worth a looksee and good for some good chuckles. George, the French cab driver was one of my favorite characters in the whole thing!

No comments :