Tuesday, June 26, 2007

LT Caricature Pic by Dawud Anyabwile


I recently found this caricature my good friend and creator of the hit comic BrotherMan Dictator of Discipline, Dawud Anyabwile did of me from back in my Temple University/WRTI Jazz 90 FM/BrotherMan/working at Big City Comics days, while living in Philly. Dawud's talent, skill and artwork continues to amaze me to this day.

The amazing thing about how he did this caricature is he did this one day during some down time while we were having a conversation at the old store in Mt. Airy, Philadelphia. We were both standing up at the front counter, he flipped over a menu flyer and just started drawing me in a total of five minutes. Totally unplanned. Totally spontaneous on the fly.

All I can say is, once Dawud puts his eye on you to draw you, he got you! lol! I kept telling him "Stop, man! Stop that! lol!" all while being completely blown away by his skills which already impressed me because of BrotherMan and all his other artwork because he was capturing me so well so quickly on paper. The man has skills for days! You can now checkout Dawud's talents on The Cartoon Network.

Check out Dawud's official blog out at babadawud.blogspot.com

No comments :