Friday, October 13, 2006

Jazz Saxophonist Pharoah Sanders Birthday

Jazz Saxophonist Pharoah Sanders was born on this day in 1940 in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Official Pharoah Sanders website: pharoahsanders.net

I would like to take this time to say thank you to Katea Stitt. Thank you, Ms. Katea Stitt! :)

Katea Stitt was the first person that turned me on to the music of Pharoah Sanders back in the day by listening to her show on wpfw. I used to tape her show because it was just so good. I believe that was 1990, '91, '92 that I really got into the music of Pharoah Sanders. Very positive. Very Spiritual and Soul Moving Music.

Katea, is the daughter of the late great Jazz Saxophinst Sonny Stitt.

Katea is someone I look forward to interviewing here in LTs Loft & Lounge soon. Stay tuned. ;)

The Pharoah Sanders albums I love the most and have are:

Karma (1969)
Thembi (1970)
Journey To The One (1980)
Rejoice (1981)
Oh, Lord Let Me Do No Wrong (1987)
Crescent With Love (1992)

I still have to listen to and get the others on CD.

A Pharoah Sanders Complete Box Set would be a beautiful thing indeed.

No comments :