Friday, August 22, 2008

Books Mentioned By Bernie McCain "The Godfather of Talk Radio" This Week on WOL 1450 AM "Where Information Is Power"


There were several books mentioned by Bernie McCain, "The Godfather of Talk Radio" this week that I must and will check out and read. I can hardly wait to pick these up and add them to my collection.

I read The Learning Tree by Gordon Parks many years ago and have seen the movie many times but I never heard of Gordon Park's book that Bernie mentioned below. Very interesting. Also, I was familiar with Julius Lester writing children's books but I had not heard of Revolutionary Notes since 2006 when his name came up in a conversation before. I was also not familiar with so many of his other books Uncle Bernie mentioned. I've got some catching up to do! I'm about 10 to 15 books behind where I should be right now in general. ;)

Some of these books are available at amazon and some may only be available at used bookstores and libraries now.

Bernie McCain's show "The Dean's Talkroom" can be heard Monday - Friday: 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM and Monday - Friday:10:00 PM - 1:00 AM on www.wolam.com.
~LT

The books Uncle Bernie mentioned are:


Worse than Slavery: Parchman Farm and the Ordeal of Jim Crow Justice (Paperback)
www.amazon.com


Rising from the Rails: Pullman Porters and the Making of the Black Middle Class (Paperback)
www.amazon.com


All Things Censored By Mumia Abu-Jamal with Foreword by Alice Walker
www.amazon.com


A Choice of Weapons (Borealis Books) (Paperback)
by Gordon Parks (Author)
www.amazon.com



A Time of Terror: A Survivor's Story by James Cameron
www.amazon.com

Founder of The Black Holocaust Museum Dr. James Cameronwww.blackholocaustmuseum.org


Revolutionary Notes By Julius Lester
www.amazon.com
Julius Lester Official Site: juliuslester


When The Beginning Began By Julius Lester
www.amazon.com
Uncle Bernie mentioned this book is a must by if you have children.


Playing The Changes By Milt Hinton
www.amazon.com

No comments :