Saturday, February 16, 2008

LT's Jazzy Radio Loft & Lounge Picks For Best Oscar-Nominated Animated Shorts

Out of the 5 Oscar-nominated Animated Shorts that I saw today, I think I'd have to vote for 'Even Pigeons Go to Heaven' by director Samuel Tourneaux as the most funny and for great computer animation. Storyline: A priest tries to sell an old man a machine that he promises will transport him to heaven.



As for the animated short with the most timely message that actually was 40 years ahead of its time, I'd have to give it to 'I Met The Walrus'. Storyline: A teeange Beatles fan named Jerry Levitan sneaked into John Lennon's hotel room in Toronto in 1969 with a tape recorder and conducted an impromptu interview. Lennon expounds on war and peace. website: www.imetthewalrus.com



My third place winner would be Peter & The Wolf by Suzie Templeton for approaching the story with a new take with even several touching moments and its emotionalism and humor.



In fourth place, Madame Tutli-Putli by Chris Lavis and Maciek Szczerbowski for its great animation as well and lastly My Love by Alexander Petrov for making a animated short that makes resembles a classic painting come to life.

~LT

No comments :