Monday, June 19, 2006

New Janet Single Digitally Delivered Today - Call On Me


So Janet's new single, 'Call On Me' featuring Nelly wasn't dropped today, it wasn't delivered to the different radio stations by mail, it wasn't Federal Expressed or UPS'd, it was digitally delivered to hundreds and thousands of Hip Hop and Urban AC stations so it wouldn't be leaked some other way. A sign of the times we live in today.

I sincerely hope her new album will be better then her last 2 or 3. I really feel Janet needs to totally try a new direction. One that will be a good fit for her and complement her at the same time.

Her last several albums seem to have just been a repeat of themselves, including her tours.

I was a big Janet Jackson fan all growing up, all the way until her album in 93, after that period it's been pretty hit or miss between Janet and me. LOL.

It got to a point where instead of feeling like we were getting a new Janet album, I started asking, "So, when's the new Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis album dropping?" because they have been her hit team producers for a while now and honestly things were starting to feel more like a Jimmy and Terry Production then anything to do with Janet.

Don't get me wrong, I love myself some Jimmy and Terry too. I have bookoo albums they have done and their sound with Janet worked, I just feel a new direction for her is way overdue.

Janet's new album drops on Tuesday, Sept 26th, 2006. janet

Bonus Janet: Will be on the cover of Essence in August. ;)

No comments :