Tuesday, June 27, 2006

New India.Arie in Stores Today - 'Testimony vol. 1: Life & Relationship'


India.Arie's new album drops today.
'Testimony vol. 1: Life & Relationship' (Universal/Motown) indiaarie

She performed on The Tonite Show with Jay Leno Monday night.

Great performance! This lady can move! I mean, she danced like I hadn't seen her do before except in this recent video they are spinning of her.

She did, 'I Am Not My Hair' and she and her band did it a totally different way then the radio single version that is being heard on radio right now. They NeoSoul-Funktafied it with the smooth-coolness-tip with a heavier emphasis on the drums and percussion. Slammin!

They were so good it really was like they could have gone on and on after that one song. They were wound up and in top form. They were "concert ready". I wanted more and I think Leno, his guests and the audience did too by the applause but it was time for Leno to close out the show.

Another must-buy album on my list.

India.Arie is another artist who's music will always be in my library.

Full review to come soon!

No comments :